Are you still learning to handstand and want a little guidance?
Are you looking to improve your balance and strength by learning to handstand?
Here are some tips on how to get started:
- Warm up your body: Before learning to handstand, it’s essential to warm up your body with some light stretches and exercises. This will help to prevent injury and improve your range of motion.
- Practice against a wall: To begin, practice standing against a wall in the handstand position. Place your hands on the ground and walk your feet up the wall until you are vertical. This will give you a sense of balance and help you get comfortable with the position.
- Use a spotter: Try practicing with a spotter if you feel confident. A spotter can help guide you into the handstand position and provide support if you lose balance.
- Work on your core strength: A strong core is essential for learning to handstand. Incorporate exercises like planks, sit-ups, and mountain climbers into your workout routine to improve your core strength.
- Practice kicking up: Once you feel comfortable with the handstand position against a wall, it’s time to start practicing your kick-up. Start by standing a few feet away from the wall and kick up with one leg, then the other. As you get more comfortable, try practicing without the wall.
- Maintain good form: When doing a handstand, it’s essential to keep your body straight and engage your core. Avoid arching your back or swinging your legs too wildly.
- Don’t be afraid to fall: It’s natural to be nervous when attempting a handstand, but it’s important to remember that falling is a normal part of the learning process. If you do fall, try to do so safely and get back up and try again.
Learning to handstand requires patience and practice.
Remember to warm up properly, work on your core strength, and keep good form. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or take breaks when needed. With time and dedication, you’ll be doing handstands like a pro.
If learning to handstand sparks you interest, either grab your free video series in the form below, or hit up THIS PAGE to join the list!
See you upside down my friend!